FreeNumber: your free VoIP lineFreeNumber is a free telephone line with Voice Over IP technology with a telephone number to receive calls from any phone in the world. You can choose a new phone number with an area code of your choice in Italy and in some foreign countries. Service will be activated immediately.
How it works:
VoIP technology makes it possible to have a phone conversation using an Internet connection because it turns your voice into data that can be sent over the web. Thanks to this, we can offer you modern and complete phone services that you can purchase and manage directly online.
Basic Voicemail ServiceFreeNumber includes a basic voicemail service, which lets you receive messages conveniently in "mp3" audio format directly in your mailbox.
Call divertYou can configure FreeNumber to divert your calls to voicemail or to another number of your choice if, for example, you are not online, your phone is busy, you don't answer or you don't want to be disturbed.
Convenient, transparent rates
- FreeNumber is free. No annual fee.
- free calls to all Messagenet users
- standard calling rates are cheap and transparent, no connection charge and you only pay for the seconds that you talk. Learn more about our rates
Easy and mobileDon't change your habits: a VoIP phone is like a normal phone. Furthermore, with Mtalk you can use VoIP also on your iPhone or Android smartphone, and with Messagenet WebPhone you can call directly from your computer, wherever you can hook up to the Internet.
To start making and receiving calls, you will need:
- a FLAT broadband Internet connection (a plan in which you are not charged in minutes)
and your choice of the following:
- our WebPhone (a dedicated page on the Messagenet site, with no need for configuration). You should have a microphone and headset to use it.
- a VoIP software for your computer (Windows or Mac) with a microphone and headset.
- a VoIP software for your smartphone
- if you connect to the Internet with an Ethernet router, you can use:
- a specific adapter to connect to the network with a normal analog or cordless telephone.
- a real IP telephone
- a SIP compatible IP switchboard (IP PBX)
To use our VoIP services as a voicemail service, you need: a computer, an email address and an Internet connection.
Hardware and Software Products
- Free VoIP software XLite and SJPhone for Windows and Mac, with the user guide
- Free VoIP software Mtalk for Android smartphone and tablet, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
SupportAs a FreeNumber user, you have access to a priority email support service.
Conditions and limitations:
Only one FreeNumber is allowed per person and/or company and/or email address.
FreeNumber must be used at least once per month to make paid calls or to receive calls. Otherwise, Messagenet reserves the right to deactivate the service.
Simultaneous calls are not allowed.
If you subscribed to FreeNumber after 15 November 2009, you can upgrade to SmartNumber and keep your phone number. With SmartNumber, you get a customisable voicemail service that you can use from any phone and the automatic responder (IVR) to configure call forwarding and voicemail. In addition, you can have up to two incoming calls and 10 outgoing calls at the same time. Learn more about SmartNumber