SmartNumber with the free Number Portability option
Requirements and limits
Number portability is a free service that Messagenet provides to customers at the time when they activate SmartNumber.
The portability of a telephone number is possible only if:
- the request is made by the subscriber of the line
- you are in possession of the migration code released by your phone operator for the line for which you want to request Number Portability (in case of SkypeIn numbers migration code is not necessary)
- there is only one number on a traditional analog line or a single ISDN line
- there is no ADSL line on the fax line, present physically or contractually
- all invoices concerning the line for which Number Portability was requested are paid up.
Messagenet is an operator with a general authorisation for providing "telephone service accessible to the public" throughout the Italian territory issued by the Communications Department of the Ministero dello Sviluppo Economico.
Any additional services present on the telephone line destined for number portability will not be maintained.